Monday 6 May 2013

Week Five Overview


Hi, this week I've been really busy working on my EPQ Project. I wanted to give an overview of what I've completed this week. As you know, I've been researching both the history of photography and photography techniques so I can eventually capture a photo that shows the history of photography, however I've completed my research on photography techniques. Here is what I have done this week.

Whilst researching the history of photography I have found out that photography continued on with stereoscopy, a process that influenced the outbreak of 3D photography in the 20th and 21st century. Also I have learnt about the colour separation method, invented by James Clerk-Maxwell, which was the forerunner of today's modern colour photography. Furthermore, I have briefly read about Matthew Brady covering the American Civil War with 7000 negatives and Ducas de Hauron publishing a book proposing a variety of methods for colour photography.

I would also like to say that after speaking with the person running the EPQ programme at  our school, I am more likely to take a variety of photographs rather then a single photograph. I am thinking about this as she told me it would be more achievable.

I am looking forward to try out the photography techniques that I have researched. In a couple of weeks, I will post some pictures that I have taken, using the techniques I have researched, on a page on this blog which will be called 'Photo Technique Gallery'.

Please leave any comments. Will update on my progress soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment